"Creativity is a drug that I cannot live without." -- Cecile B DeMille

"Creativity is a drug that I cannot live without." -- Cecile B DeMille

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ode to Joan

This year, I have seen so much of a beautiful new face.  Joan Smalls is gracing the runways of every big name in fashion! Like she's literally in every Spring and Fall 2011 show.  From Jean Paul Gaultier, to Carolina Herrera, to Christian Doir, to Gucci, to Givenchy.  I mean this. girl. is. EVERYwhere!
Born in Puerto Rico in 1988 (how old is that? hmm old enough *kanye voice*), Joan moved to Queens in 2007 and was signed to Elite Model Management shortly after.  She switched to IMG, with whom she booked the Spring 2010 Givenchy show, and has been unstoppable ever since!





















Honestly, I had such a hard time choosing pics to post because she's just so stunning in every one.  Needless to say, I have a new role model.

No comments:

Post a Comment