"Creativity is a drug that I cannot live without." -- Cecile B DeMille

"Creativity is a drug that I cannot live without." -- Cecile B DeMille

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kicked It with Kendrick












Last weekend, Kendrick Lamar was in Dallas and of course I was in the spot! He had about an hour long set and performed almost all of his newest songs.  This show was eeeasily one of my absolute faves that I've been to since in Texas!! He had such energy and enthusiasm.  Kendrick shared tales from his childhood in Compton and he told stories from the stu to introduce each song.  And, he and his DJ had such a connection; they were totally in sync! At any rate, I loved the show. 



Above is footage from my phone of Kendrick Lamar performing one of my fave songs of his, P&P.  You can buy the entire EP, Overly Dedicated on iTunes now for only $5.99.  To learn more about him, follow him on twitter ( @kendrick_lamar ) or listen to his music on his web page.



So in between artists, it got live in the place! I think some folks had one too many shots, which made for more fun and footage for me.  Here's some of the craziness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment