"Creativity is a drug that I cannot live without." -- Cecile B DeMille

"Creativity is a drug that I cannot live without." -- Cecile B DeMille

Friday, July 29, 2011

DIY Jewelry Box

I had been thinking for weeks how to better organize my ever-expanding jewelry collection.  I had it all on these mirrored dishes at first, which worked well until stuff continually kept falling off and getting lost between the dishes and the wall.  It was a mess.  So the other day while shopping for a new "book bag" in Francesca's, I saw they had rings in a wooden container filled with rice to keep them in place.  I fell in love with the look, so I took the idea and personalized it.
I found and painted a jewelry box my favorite colors.  Then dyed rice to put in each compartment.  (The rice dying part was my fave!) Paired it with a jewelry stand I received as a gift not too long ago.  It turned out well.  Like a little mini boutique in my room. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment